Who We Are
A dedicated group of seasoned legal professionals who apply their legal talent and experience as a team to provide efficient solutions to those legal and business issues most often experienced by new companies including areas such as corporate structuring, financing, securities, commercialization of technology, compensation and employment issues, IP protection and strategy, FDA and regulatory considerations, immigration and compliance with labor and employment regulations.
What We Do
Buchanan Labs partners with emerging and early stage companies as outside general counsel to provide hands-on, proactive, practical advice on legal and business issues such companies face. The platform uses a suite of solutions designed to best position companies to avoid costly problems as they develop and grow. We leverage our strong relationships with various financing and capital sources, as well as other business service providers, to strengthen our clients’ networks and enable them to focus on growing the company.
Buchanan Labs delivers its services in a cost-effective way through a unique subscription model. Our clients pay a modest, pre-determined, fixed fee over a defined period in return for a fixed number of hours of legal consultation tailored to each client’s unique needs.
We understand the cash flow limitations of new companies, and our model allows us to deliver top-tier legal advice and guidance at an attractive price. At Buchanan Labs, we are here to position our clients for longterm success.
Where to Find Out More
Buchanan Labs provides continued content on its startup blog, which serves as a resource for emerging and early-stage companies to learn more about all phases of company creation and completion, including where to start, how to finance, how to govern, how to protect, and how to exit.
To get more information on Buchanan Labs and to stay up to date on the latest developments in the startup space, visit the Buchanan Labs blog at www.buchananlabs.com.
About Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
Buchanan has 500 attorneys and government relations professionals in 17 offices across the U.S. We offer:
• A flexible, candid, easy-to-work-with firm grounded in authentic clientcentric values.
• Sophisticated yet affordable attorneys to represent your most complex legal and business needs.
• One-stop, full-service access to legal and government relations services across a geographically diverse and collaborative knowledge base.
Jennifer Minter, Shareholder
Robert Jones, Shareholder
Fort Lauderdale Office
Haley Ayure, Associate
Clients today want firms that are serious about changing their legal service delivery model to provide greater value. Clients also want more open, honest, transparent conversations about their needs and expectations along with a strong “no surprises at billing” credo. We heard you loud and clear, and we have initiatives in place to better communicate with you and deliver true value.
• Forty-six attorneys selected for inclusion among America’s Leading Lawyers by Chambers USA 2016.
• Ranked as a leading law firm in Pennsylvania in Antitrust, Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Corporate/M&A & Private Equity, Environment, Healthcare, Insurance, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Litigation: General Commercial, and Real Estate.
• Ranked as a leading law firm in Northern Virginia in Intellectual Property.
• Ranked as a leading law firm in Florida in Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Healthcare, Immigration, Labor & Employment, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use and Tax.
• More than 100 attorneys named to 2016 Super Lawyers and Super Lawyers Rising Stars Lists in California, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C. Florida
• Numerous attorneys named annually to Florida Trend magazine’s Legal Elite list.
• Ten attorneys recognized in the South Florida Legal Guide 2016 as Top Lawyers or Up and Comers
We are dedicated to serving as honest, knowledgeable partners to our clients and we are proud that we have received some of the top honors in the legal profession. We are confident that our practice will continue to be recognized by our clients and peers.
U.S. News & World Report–The Best Lawyers in America®
• Twenty-nine national honors and 84 first-tier metropolitan rankings on U.S. News & World Report’s 2016-17 “Best Law Firms” list.
• Nearly 140 (132 to be exact) attorneys and specialists recognized in The Best Lawyers in America 2018®.
• Ten attorneys named as The Best Lawyers in America 2018® “Lawyer of the Year,” an honor given to only a single lawyer in each practice area in each community.
Rhea Law – Chair, Florida Offices
401 E. Jackson St., Suite 2400
Tampa, FL 33602
Phone: 813 222 1179
Cell: 813 417 5292
Jennifer Minter – Chair, Corporate
Finance and Technology
One Oxford Centre
301 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone: 412 562 8444 (o)
Caitlin Vile – Business Development
Manager, Corporate Finance and
One Oxford Centre
301 Grant Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone: 412 562 1029 | Cell: 412 215 8174